ZehnerGroup, an award winning interactive design / development firm in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a Senior iOS application developer to join our team building highly creative mobile applications for our exciting portfolio of brands and startups.
Our clients come from a wide variety of industries, with a special focus on fashion, lifestyle, and consumer facing products. They range from name-brands, to innovative startups, and open source embracing enterprises. If you are passionate about what you do, love challenges, problem solving, and turning 1s and 0s into functional works of art, jump on in… the water’s warm.
We look for developers that not only have strong technical understanding of their tools, but are also practical, great at producing results, quick learners, and great communicators.
Must Have Requirements
- 3-5+ years hands-on experience with iOS development
- A strong command of the Swift language
- Solid experience with Objective-C as a foundation
- A preference toward code based views, and non-reliance on pure Storyboard based UIs
- A focus on code architecture, and building code bases that are scalable and maintainable
- Experience writing testable code and the tests that test it
- Daily use of Git, and command line tooling
- A detailed eye for implementing UIs that are beautiful and functional
- A knowledge of performance best practices, and how to build apps that are resource efficient
- Enjoy being part of design conversations, and the ability to work together with designers to advise on UI solutions that balance effort, time, and complexity
- Experience with building back-end APIs in a commonly used open-source language (NodeJS or Python a big plus, but Python, Go, etc. are also awesome)
- Experience working on UIs that push well beyond the standard iOS UI kit and components
- Experience building automated build chains for iOS applications, especially with Fastlane
- Agency life
- Client facing
- A public GitHub presence and portfolio samples will go a long way
- Please be prepared to provide code samples during interview process
- Send resume and cover letter (duh!)
- We are seeking an in-house, full-time resource, so please avoid submitting if you are not local to the LA Metro area, or able to quickly re-locate to the LA Metro area